Infringement Claims / Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice Heights respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. Heights may, in appropriate circumstances and at its discretion, terminate the access/accounts of users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or any other violation of your rights, please provide Heights Copyright Agent the following information:
- An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed or material which otherwise violates your rights;
- A description of where the material that you claim is infringing/violating is located on the site;
- Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
- A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law;
- A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your Notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
General Copyright/Trademark Notice ENGLISH © 2014 Heights or an Heights affiliate company. All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or for any purpose without the express permission of Heights or an Heights affiliate company. Heights and other Heights products and services mentioned herein as well as their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of Heights (or an Heights affiliate company) in Germany and other countries.
Important Disclaimer Regarding Heightsit.com, the Content and Services
Guidelines for Third Party Use of Heights Materials Protected by Copyright
These Guidelines apply to all uses of Heights materials that are protected by copyright (which among other things includes all text, images, software, documentation, screenshots, web sites, photographs, video footage, etc.) (Heights Materials), in whatever media they may be used (including print media, online media, books, articles, audiovisual works, blogs, wikis, or any other format or medium). Third parties wishing to use Heights materials that are protected by copyright must have Heights permission to do so. In some situations described below, Heights gives you that permission so long as you comply with the requirements stated. In others cases, you must obtain Heights written consent. If you don’t already have a contract with Heights that clearly gives you such rights, please contact Heights to request such permission. Contact information is provided below.
II. Limited Situations Where use is Permitted Without Heights Prior Written Permission
There are some circumstances in which Heights permits you to use specified Heights Materials without getting Heights prior written permission, but only if you comply with the conditions stated below. Those circumstances are detailed here:
Heights consent to these uses is provided only if you comply with all of the following requirements:
- The Heights Materials and all copies shall remain at all times the exclusive property of Heights and/or an Heights affiliate company.
- You must use the Heights Materials without modification (except as may be necessary to resize or otherwise convert the Heights material to a permitted format).
- You must include the copyright notice © 2014 .Heights or an Heights affiliate company. All rights reserved. [Note: you should insert the year as shown on the materials that you are using]
- You must include the statement Used with permission of Heights AG in a prominent location.
- You may not use the Heights material in any offensive manner or context, for example in a way that is defamatory, disparaging or libelous to, or otherwise presents false or misleading information regarding, Heights or any other party, or its or their products or services; in conjunction with obscene or pornographic material; in a manner that suggests bias based on race, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, or religion; or in any manner that would be illegal under applicable law.
- You may not imply any Heights sponsorship, affiliation or endorsement.
- You may not use the Heights material for a purpose competitive with Heights or its products unless otherwise clearly permitted by applicable law.
- You may not use the Heights corporate logo.
- No use of other Heights trademarks is granted under this section. For information regarding use of Heights trademarks, see http://Heightsit.com/copyright-information/
III. HOW TO REQUEST Heights PERMISSION FOR ALL OTHER USES OF Heights MATERIALS
To request permission to use any other Heights Materials, please send all of the following information to the contact indicated below. You must obtain Heights permission prior to engaging in a use. Please let us know if you have a deadline. While we cannot commit to responding within any particular time, we will consider your deadline when possible.
INFORMATION TO BE PROVIDED:
Your contact information:
i) Your name, ii) Your company name; iii) Address; iv) E-mail address; v) Phone number.
Description of the Heights material you wish to use:
Please provide a copy and indicate the source of the Heights material (for example, which website or product it came from)
Description of the proposed use:
Please provide details as to:
i) How and why you wish to use the Heights Material, including a) how Heights and its products fit into your project, b) whether the use is commercial or non-commercial, and c) the intended audience, d) the length of time for which you are requesting permission (for example a one-time use, a limited number of years, or a perpetual use).
ii) Provide samples of the surrounding copy or text that will be used with the Heights material and
iii) Identify the media in which you wish to use the Heights material (for example, website, book, journal article, etc.), including identifying information (for example, website URL; book title, publisher, publishing date, and countries where it will be distributed when applicable; etc.).
Please submit the information requested above to firstname.lastname@example.org